Tuesday, January 8, 2008

Fuji Speedway 08/01/04

Attended my first FISCO license NS-4 session at Fuji this year. 6,300 yen for 30 minutes of track time. I did two 30 minute sessions. I really love the challenge of Fuji. Its such a demanding track to extract every bit of skill from you. Makes me feel like I have so much more to learn. Huge respect for the track. It maybe less great than Suzuka but it still ranks in my book. It certainly offers a very different learning experience to Tsukuba. So many fast corners to master. The hills upset the car and the blind corners demand commitment. What's not to love!

My lap timer reported FULL on me again mid second session so I know that up until then my best lap time was 14'94. Not so good me thinks. I guess I'm losing the time understeering around the hairpin mostly. I feel there is also a lot to be gained on the uphill section from the chicane to the last corner. I'm slowing the car too much in some of those sections so that I don't mess up my gear changes. Need more commitment up through there, but its hard, hard, hard...

One of my new racing spark plugs is on the blink with the spark running down the outside of the plug, so I've had to put the old plugs back in again for the moment. I wonder if the misbehaving plug was affecting my lap times at all? I felt I was a little bit slow to 180 on the straight but can't be sure. I've so much more to learn that 2008 is looking exciting already!

Happy new year to all!

No comments: